Home & Garden Grain Exhibit
CLASS 25 - GRAIN DIVISION
Director: Iggie Peters
Grains, corn and seeds are important crops on many Glengarry farms. The St.
Lawrence Valley Agricultural Society encourages production of high quality grain and
corn by sponsoring this commercial feature.
Soil & Crop Members are encouraged to participate.
1. All exhibitors must be members of the St. Lawrence Valley Agricultural Society.
2. All grain must be current crop.
3. All exhibits will be shown in a special display. Inquire from the Secretary as to the
location of this exhibit.
4. All entries MUST be submitted between 5:00 - 8:00 p.m on THURSDAY, AUGUST 9th to the west end of the Office/Annex. Judging will be done after 8:00 p.m. on the Thursday night.
5. All exhibits must be removed at 5:00 p.m. on the Sunday of the Fair.
6. All applicable rules of the St. Lawrence Valley Agricultural Society will apply.
7. Not more than one entry per class from each exhibitor or farm.
8. Grain will be displayed in plastic bags available from the Fair.
9. All exhibits, except cob corn, will be 8 lbs.
1st: $15 2nd: $12 3rd: $10
1 Cob corn - 6 ears
2 Cob corn for 4-H members - 6 ears
3 Shelled corn
7 Winter or Spring wheat
8 Red clover seed
S1 Best Sheaf of Oats (4" diameter) - $10
S2 Best Sheaf of Wheat (4" diameter) - $10
S3 Best Sheaf of Barley (4" diameter) - $10
Prize money for the above special is provided by George Lang of R.R. 2, Williamstown.
S5 Best Shelled Corn—Munro Agromart Ltd. will provide a perpetual plaque for this contest.