Paint Horse Show - Friday August 9th, 2013 @ 8:30 A.M.
In The Western RingAPHA Point Show, Eastern Ontario Paint Horse Club Sanctioned Show
Open to Registered Paint Horse Only.
Show Committee: Liette Deschambault (Show Manager & Fair Director), Chantal Mainville, Christine Lapensee, Brandie McDougald, Carol Ann Mills, Stephen Mills, Crystal Vogel, Chantal Jeaurond, Alexandre Cadieux.
Judge: Michelle Nyberg, Oriskany Falls, New York
Show Secretary: Tanya Day, Summerstown, ON
|SEND ENTRIES TO:||Liette Deschambault
Day Phone & Fax: (613) 347-7459
Evening Phone & Fax: (613) 525-0613
|Entry Fees:||$6.00 per class except for Lead Line which is FREE
STAKE CLASS $10.00
Every horse shown must pay a $3 APHA Show Processing Fee.
Make cheques payable to: St. Lawrence Valley Agricultural Society (SLVAS).
|Closing Date:||8 pm, Wednesday, August 7, 2013
Late fee of $4 per class for post entries and will be accepted up to ½ hour prior to class, maximum of $20/day. Late fees will not be charged for Youth Walk Trot Classes, Leadline Class and Stake Classes.
All classes not marked Youth, Amateur, Novice Amateur or Stake are OPEN classes.
PRIZES: No prize money except in Special Stake Classes. Ribbons to 6th place - all classes. Exhibitors have the option of trading their ribbons for a looney if they so desire. See Show Secretary.
STAKE CLASS - $100.00 ADDED:
1st - 40% + $50, 2nd - 25% + $25, 3rd - 10% + $15, 4th - 5% + $10.
Sorry but there are no HIGH POINT awards at this year’s show.
RULES AND REGULATIONS—PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1. APHA rules apply.
2. All riders, drivers, and support staff must pay admission at the gate. No fair membership is required. Admission $10, children 12 & under-free.
3. Negative Coggins Test for current year must be shown to the Secretary on the day of the show. Exception: 2013 foals do not need Coggins Test to show.
4. Proof of Liability Insurance for Owner of Horse/Pony is MANDATORY and must accompany the entry form. This is usually on your home owner’s policy and/or OEF membership card.
5. Competitors must bring original or photocopies of registration certificate and membership cards. The Secretary would appreciate if competitors could leave a photocopy of the registration certificate and membership cards with their entry blank. Breeding Slip will be accepted for 2013 foals.
- APHA now requires all exhibitors to have memberships. Memberships to the APHA are
available at the secretary’s booth.
- Exhibitors of non-APHA classes however do not require APHA memberships.
- Also available at the secretary’s booth are Amateur, Novice Amateur and Youth Card applications. Please note that the APHA will charge a rush fee for this service but the exhibitor will be allowed to show in their respective divisions.
- This show qualifies for Eastern Ontario Paint Horse Club (EOPHC) year end awards. A membership to the EOPHC is not required to compete at this show but is required if you wish to accrue EOPHC year end points. Membership applications for the EOPHC are available at the Secretary’s Booth.
7. GELDINGS. Remember, if your horse is a gelding and it is not reflected on your papers, you will not be allowed to show in any class that is open to geldings e.g. Amateur Geldings. Make sure your papers are changed before the show season.
8. Sorry, but there are no stalls available at the fair. Stalls are available at stables nearby. Please call Show Manager for more information.
9. Italicized classes are for all Paint horses, Solid-Bred and Regular Registered. These classes are not APHA approved classes but will be PAC approved. All other classes are for Regular Registered unless indicated otherwise. Solid Bred Paint Horses can only be shown in APHA classes indicated for Solid Bred.
10. All youth showing in classes 67 (Pole Bending), 68 (Barrel Racing) and 69 (Stakes Race) will be required to wear an ASTM approved helmet.
Class List & Order of Go: – 8:30am Start Time
1. Yearling Stallion
2. 2 yr old Stallion
3. 3 yr old Stallion
4. Aged Stallion
5. Amateur Stallion, all ages (Amateur Grand and Reserve Stallion Grand and Reserve Stallion)
6. Solid Bred 2 yr old & under Stallion
7. Solid Bred 3 yr old & over Stallion
8. Amateur Solid Bred Stallion, all ages (Solid Bred Grand and Reserve Stallion)
9. Yearling & 2 yr old Gelding
10. 3 yr old & Older Gelding
11. Amateur Gelding, all ages (Amateur Grand and Reserve Gelding Grand and Reserve Gelding)
12. Youth Gelding
13. Solid Bred Gelding, 2 yr old and Under
14. Solid Bred Geldings, 3 yr old and Over
15. Amateur Solid Bred Gelding, all ages (Solid Paint Bred Grand & Reserve Gelding)
16. Foal of the Season, all sexes, Regular & Solid-Bred , Non-APHA class
17. Yearling Mare
18. 2 yr old Mare
19. 3 yr old Mare
20. Aged Mare
21. Amateur Mare, all ages (Amateur Grand and Reserve Mare Grand and Reserve Mare)
22. Youth Mare
23. Solid Bred Mare, 2 yr old and Under
24. Solid Bred Mare, 3 yr old and Over
25. Amateur Solid Bred Mare, all ages (Solid Bred Grand and Reserve Mare)
26. Tobiano Colour Class, all ages (except weanlings) & sexes
27. Overo Colour Class, all ages (except weanlings) & sexes
28. Amateur Solid Bred Showmanship
29. Youth Showmanship, 18 & under
30. Novice Amateur Showmanship
31. Amateur Showmanship
32. Yearling Lunge Line
33. Youth Lead Line, Regular & Solid Breds, Non APHA class
34. Youth Western Pleasure, 18 & under
35. Youth Walk Trot Western Pleasure, 18 & under, Regular & Solid Bred, Non APHA class
36. Amateur Walk Trot Western Pleasure
37. Amateur Solid Bred Western Pleasure
38. Solid Bred Western Pleasure
39. Green Western Pleasure
40. 2 yr old Western Pleasure
41. Junior Western Pleasure
42. Senior Western Pleasure
43. Novice Amateur Western Pleasure
44. Amateur Western Pleasure
45. SPECIAL WESTERN PLEASURE STAKE – all ages, Solid Bred and Regular, $100 added, Non APHA class
46. Youth Western Horsemanship, 18 & under
47. Youth Walk Trot Horsemanship, 18 & under, Regular & Solid Bred, Non APHA class
48. Amateur Walk Trot Western Horsemanship
49. Novice Amateur Western Horsemanship
50. Amateur Western Horsemanship
51. Pleasure Driving
52. Utility Driving
53. Yearling in Hand Trail
54. Amateur Walk Trot Trail
55. Youth Walk Trot Trail, 18 & under, Regular & Solid Bred, Non APHA class
56. Youth Trail, 18 & under
57. Amateur Solid Bred Trail
58. Solid Bred Trail
59. Green Trail
60. Junior Trail
61. Senior Trail
62. Novice Amateur Trail, all ages
63. Amateur Trail, all ages
64. SPECIAL TRAIL STAKE – all ages, Regular and Solid Bred, $100 added, Non APHA class
65. Western Riding, all ages
66. Reining, all ages
67. Pole Bending, all ages
68. Barrel Racing, all ages
69. Stake Race, all ages
70. Amateur Solid Bred Hunter Under Saddle
71. Solid Bred Hunter Under Saddle
72. Youth Hunter Under Saddle, 18 & under
73. Green Hunter Under Saddle
74. Junior Hunter Under Saddle
75. Senior Hunter Under Saddle
76. Novice Amateur Hunter Under Saddle,
77. Amateur Hunter Under Saddle
78. SPECIAL HUNTER UNDER SADDLE STAKE – all ages, Solid Bred & Regular, $100 added – Non APHA class
79. Youth Hunt Seat Equitation, all ages
80. Novice Amateur Hunt Seat Equitation
81. Amateur Hunt Seat Equitation
82. Youth Hunter Hack, 18 & under
83. Amateur Hunter Hack
84. Hunter Hack
85. Preliminary Working Hunter
86. Working Hunter Over Fences